Re: Trust ISA Ethernet (NE2000) anyone?

> will not recognise it as a valid extension. If you are actually using a
> smaller image in a larger PROM, make sure it's located in the correct
> portion of the PROM, usually the top half or top quarter.

Our NE2000 image is 16k (using latest netboot, 0.5.4) but we
want to program on 64k EPROMS because these are half the price
of 32k ones, and 16k are just not available it seems.

Firstly, is it possible to use the 16k image on a 64k EPROM? (Our
Genius NE2000 card seems to support 64k EPROMs.)

Secondly, do they program the image at 0x0000 or 0xc000 in the EPROM?
You say, "top quarter" -- does that mean from 0xc000 thru 0xffff then?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Evan

Evan Summers, PhD           Tel +27 82 900-8632   Symphony  /|\   /|\
Linux systems integration   http://sr.co.za       Research {   } {   }
Johannesburg, South Africa  mailto:evan@sr.co.za  (Pty)Ltd {___} {___}