Re: Booting with PCI NE2k

Hello,

Harald Brueckner <brueckner@mail.respublica.de> wrote:
> I think the problem comes from the I/O port which gets automatically set to
> 0xe400 (by the PCI BIOS) with this PCI card (at least in my special case).
> With ISA cards I/O is defined from 0x0000 - 0x1fff I think. Just PCI moves that
> I/O ports to that high addresses. :-/

This problem got reported to me as well for netboot, as the configuration
program rejects I/O addresses above 0x1fff. If you run into a similar
problem, please change line 791 in the file
netboot/bootrom/utils/utilsrc/bconfig.c, which reads

	j = getnum("I/O address", 0, 0x1fff, TRUE);

into

	j = getnum("I/O address", 0, 0x7fff, TRUE);

Of course this fix will go into the next release of netboot.

gero.

--
Life sucks, but it's better than the alternative.
  - Peter da Silva