Re: Booting Win95 with etherboot & samba.

--pgp-sign-Multipart_Tue_May__6_08:54:26_1997-1

Andreas Kostyrka writes:
 > I would need to boot a Windows95 client discless. (This is possible, I've
 > not believed it myself, but my university is using NT servers. And it's
 > not that important to me as to install this ugly duck anywhere here *grin*
 > (eNTe is actually the german word for duck *grin*))
 >
 > Is it possible to boot off a linux system using etherboot? *wonder*

I have heard different reports about the feasibility of booting
Win95. As I do not have access to Win95 myself (come to think of it,
currently I do not have access to any computer of my own, because I
just moved to the U.S.), I cannot test this feature.

I would very much appreciate, if you just tried if it was working and
then let us know. Quite possibly, there are only minor changes that
need to be done to get it working. IIRC, Win95 has special
restrictions on the exact contents of the CPU registers when its boot
code gets executed. If you have experience with debugging programs, it
should not be too difficult to figure this out.

I am sorry, that I cannot be of more help, but I it will probably be a
few more months until I can actively continue developing "etherboot".

Good luck,

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-537-3778

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does not
            constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!
--pgp-sign-Multipart_Tue_May__6_08:54:26_1997-1

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBM29UNRqJqDLErwMxAQHAAwP/a8CQj4BJDe2r4yeTfch95C1nDtD8sJoi
okuv9PEq6miIOvw3njqAHQjy3rKF33UXp/+wWZxbZRLA4WF1PD940QpcOZlxroMr
wQcy7LbRA6zjL7eKfpVoE+NLKSnvqw4jGNqm27lAXIc+0TiwIMFNK1w/5u5E1l0H
No9+cNy1ZXk=
=Kgju
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--pgp-sign-Multipart_Tue_May__6_08:54:26_1997-1--