Re: About netboot

Hi, there,

Now, I find something about my problem.

I mounted the root disk 'color.gz (slackware3.1)', and copy all the files
to my bootp client's root directory.  This time, it booted up.  But, the
'init' uses libc.so.4.7.2, and many many binary files in
slackware3.0 and slackware3.1 which
using libc.so.5.0.9 cannot run, including 'agetty', 'ping', 'ps',
and so on, almost everything.

Why the 'init' in slackware3.0 and slackware3.1 can't be spawned by the
kernel image ?  It's all OK on a normal Linux host.  In fact, my bootp
server is using kernel 2.0.7 with slackware3.0 too.

Since it's not practical to 'down-grade' my whole system to the same
version as 'color.gz' (it's very old, I think).
what should I do ?  Is there anyone who has any hints ?

By the way, my kernel image for bootp client is 2.0.7.

Thank you for your help.

Mr. Jiang, Xiong                        Address:  Room 1-333, P.O. Box 4
Graduate Student                                  Hefei, Anhui, 230027
ISDN Lab, Dept. of EEIS                           P.R.China
USTC
Tel: 86-551-3601334                     Email:    jxiong@eeis.ustc.edu.cn