Re: problem netbooting 286s

>> Also, any chance of allowing a "floppy size" to be specified to
>> mknbi-dos instead of defaulting to 1.44 Mb when creating from a
>> directory?
>
>You cannot have a size different from the standard floppy sizes (e.g. 360k,
>1.2M etc.) due to limitations within DOS. Why do you want to have a smaller
>floppy image size?

What I meant is when you make a tagged image from a directory instead
of from a floppy image, there is no choice of ramdisk size, if I read
the documentation and sources correctly. The bootblock supplied
(boot.S) has parameters for a 1.44 ramdisk. 286s generally only have
384 kB XMS and would not be able to hold a larger ramdisk. In any case
most standalone applications would fit on a 360 kB floppy and there's
no point using up more XMS than necessary.

It's not a big problem as one can start with a floppy image of the right
size and copy files in and out of that with mtools.