Re: mknbi-dos with other DOS compatibles

Hello,

Mike Hammer <mike-hammer@usa.net> wrote:
> I've been for sometime using netboot 0.6.1 to remotely boot MS-DOS
> v6.22 clients.  Recently i've been experimenting with other freely
> available MS-DOS compatibles including DR-DOS from Caldera.
>
> For somereason, when i try to create a bootimage around DR-DOS
> using mknbi-dos, i can't seem to start the DOS Net Loader.  I would
> see the on screen message that DOS Net Loader is starting but
> the client just hangs there.  With MS-DOS v6.22 bootimage, i have no
> problem.

Version 0.6.1 of netboot has some problems with DR-DOS, which have been
fixed in later releases (the boot process for DR-DOS is slightly different
from that used by MS-DOS). Please use version 0.7.x or (better) 0.8.1.

gero.

--
England's monarchy is how old?  1000 years?  Jesus, you guys must have a hell
of a lot of laws!		- an anonymous sysadmin