mknbi-dos with other DOS compatibles

Hello,

I've been for sometime using netboot 0.6.1 to remotely boot MS-DOS
v6.22 clients.  Recently i've been experimenting with other freely
available MS-DOS compatibles including DR-DOS from Caldera.

For somereason, when i try to create a bootimage around DR-DOS
using mknbi-dos, i can't seem to start the DOS Net Loader.  I would
see the on screen message that DOS Net Loader is starting but
the client just hangs there.  With MS-DOS v6.22 bootimage, i have no
problem.

Has anyone tried using mknbi-dos on other DOS platform other than
MS-DOS v6.22?  Maybe i should be using later version of Netboot, since
i am using sort of older version, 0.6.1.  Any suggestions?

Thank you very much,

mike