Re: Problems with etherboot and Boot prompt.

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Doug Ambrisko wrote:

> Charlie Brady writes:
> | On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
> | >
> | > I have a similar problem using a netboot-0-7.3 eprom on a 3c905-TX. DOS
> | > and NT boot fine if i choose local boot, but WIN95 hangs for some
> | > minutes and then resets the PC. I *think* i have read somewhere that
> | > WIN95 doesn't like fully initialized NICs when booting??
> |
> | I don't think this can be the answer, at least not for etherboot. I don't
> | think that etherboot touches the NIC at all if you choose not to boot from
> | the network. I wonder what it is doing in its exit() code that upsets
> | Win95. Any other ideas?
>
> I might be able to shed some light on this.

[snip]

> If this is of any help let me know.  I would really like to get the
> boot from hard disk working.  I also fixed a bugs of etherboot
> not working with long bootp replies.

Thanks Doug. Your patch seems to work for me. Ken knows this, so
presumably he will post a patch soon.

Charlie Brady - Telstra  |internet: cbrady@ind.tansu.com.au
Network Products         |Snail    : Locked Bag 6581, GPO Sydney 2001 Australia
Platform Technologies    |Physical : Lvl 2, 175 Liverpool St, Sydney 2000
 IN-Sub Unit - Sydney    | Phone: +61 2 9206 3470 Fax: +61 2 9281 1301