etherboot from ROM doesnt work

Hi all.  I have got etherboot 4.0 to work perfectly using the a ROM binary
booted from a floppy disk.  However,  when I transfered the binary to a
boot ROM (27C64Q) it doesnt work.

The client gets it's IP and the name of the boot image from the server  after
that I get the following message over and over:

"Bogus packet, ignoring"

I'm trying to boot Linux 2.0.34.  And the card is a WD clone.
If anyone has dealt with this problem before, please get back to me.