Re: eprom

Hicham Mouline writes:
 > I've got a M27C256B ST EPROM with 256 Kbytes.
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^
This should read 256 kilobits; that is exactly 32kB.

[snip]
 > Later, I burned the file image.rom (32768 bytes) into the EPROM at address 0 ... 0x7FFF.
 > plugged that EPROM into the 3COM EtherLink III 3c509, unfortunately the diskless node refused to
 > find a boot device.
 >
 > Should I do sth for the 224 Kbytes left to blank?

If you didn't do anything wrong while burning the EPROM, there is no
blank space left.

Follow the trouble-shooting instructions in the "etherboot" or
"netboot" documentation to track down the problem. Also, it really
helps a lot, if you check the output from the "romscan" program that
ships with "etherboot". "Netboot" now comes with a similar tool, but I
have not had enough time yet to look into it --- in his e-mail, Gero
suggested that it is probably very similar to "romscan".

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-278-0137

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature