Re: multiple bootp server

>>Is there any way to make this redudant? Ie. have two bootp server with
>>overlapping records such that the "backup" bootp only answers upon failure
>>of the first?
>
>Yes, I should have added that overlapping but consistent records is a
>standard redundancy technique.

And I again forgot to say that the client is free to take the first or
any of the multiple answers. Since they are consistent, that's ok. With
DHCP there are more twists. Each of the answers could be regarded as
an offer of a lease on the address and there could be different offers
rather than duplicate ones.

With IPv6 comes neighbourhood discovery but we won't worry about that
now. :-)