Re: multiple bootp server

>Hello,
>
>we have already one bootp server running (Novell Server).
>
>Now I want to setup some diskless workstations running
>Linux, but they should use a separate bootp server
>(Linux or SPARC).
>
>Is it possible to have multiple bootp server running?
>
>If so, how can I direct the Linux workstation to contact
>the "new" bootp server for startup instead of the
>Novell Server?
>Is there a parameter I can give to netboot that it
>should contact directly the "new" bootp server?

You don't have to do anything special. In fact you cannot specify any
bootp server to send the request to, because normally the bootp request
is broadcast on the medium. Provided the two bootp servers do not have
overlapping records, only the one that finds a match to the MAC address
will send a reply, the other(s) will keep silent.