Re: Etherboot-4.0pre8

>I've spent a little time getting the Intel EEPRO100B driver to work and
>although I'm a little weak on 'C'. And very weak on understanding the
>source. I do have a working driver now. Does anyone want the patches ?

Hi Andy,

Send me the patches, I will look at them. It's a bit too late for 4.0
which I'm releasing tomorrow, but I will put the patches on the Web site.

>Can anyone explain the aim behind the etherboot-4.0 source ? I'm
>confused as to how the multiple cards is supposed to work. I don't
>really understand how I'm supposed to properly connect the pci_scan
>ioaddr structure to the information required in the dispatch_table
>structure ( in config.c ). Anyway the patches just fudge the whole thing
>for a single card.

The PCI routines are supposed to return the I/O address of the NIC
and these are passed in a zero terminated array of shorts to the NIC
probing routine. Normally there is only one candidate on the list,
and you pass an array consisting of one address, then one zero. With
multiple cards it gets trickier. I haven't thought about what would be
the right way to select the right card to boot. If you have any ideas,
please put them forward.

	Ken