Ytree; a UNIX Filemanager
Ytree - a (curses-based) file manager similar to DOS Xtree(tm).
...for browsing filesystems and archives (RAR/SPM/RPM/TAR/ARC/LHA/ZIP/ZOO).
New in 2.04
- Avoid security warning for mvprintw in input.c
New in 2.03
- Cleanup + added LDFLAG "-ltinfo" (needed for some newer ncurses versions)
New in 2.02
- Bugfix for crash during startup in group.c
New in 2.01
- Bugfix for crash during tagged rename (Thanks to Frank)
- Updated man page (Thanks to Micah)
New in 2.00
- No new functionality, but changed the copyright to GPLv2 or (at your option) any later version.
New in 1.99pl2
- Filename extension debug (e.g files which starts with a '.' - Thanks to Frank)
New in 1.99pl1
- Debug crash when switching directory view
- Support large disks
- Path display for non color mode (Thanks to Ali)
New in 1.98
- Bugfix for crash during showall with empty subfolders (Thanks to frank)
- New function "ListJump" (F12) (Thanks to frank)
- Removed some compiler warnings
New in 1.97
- Bugfix for pathcopy / allow abort during tagged operations
New in 1.96
- Bugfix for long user- and group names (Thanks to frank)
New in 1.95
- Improved UTF-8 support (Thanks to frank)
New in 1.94
New in 1.93
- Adapted Makefile to respect environment CC and LDFLAGS
- New "login to parent node" command ('p')
New in 1.92
- Debug crash during focus switch to file pane
New in 1.91
- Compile on DJGPP
- Debug archive read if clock is enabled
- Debug crash during tagged delete
- Compiles on MacOS (again)
Ytree is reported to run on following platforms:
- SYSV R3.2/R4
- Interactive UNIX
- NeXTstep 2.1
- Irix 5.2
- AIX 3.2
- SUNOS 4.1 / Solaris 2
- ULTRIX 4.3
- DEC-UNIX / OSF1
- Mac OS X
In most instances, it should be sufficient to uncomment the
section for your platform in 'Makefile' (Default is linux).
Type 'make' followed by 'make install'. If you want, customize
ytree by editing '$HOME/.ytree'.
Where to get ytree:
You can get the ytree source directly from this WebPage:
ytree-2.04.tar.gz (124 kB / Nov 06, 2021)
Arch linux users: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ytree
Debian Users: https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=ytree
FreeBSD Users: https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=ytree&stype=all&sektion=misc
Other XTree Clones:
Have a look at the XTree Fan Page!
Here you can find everything about the legendary XTree and links to various
other XTree clones.
Last but not least take a look on the homepage of Jeff Johnson, the author of the original XTree and XTreeGold (Thank you Jeff, for your great work!).
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License,
or (at your option) any later version.
Bug reports/comments/patches are welcome:
last edited Nov 06, 2021 by Werner Bregulla