Re: Unable to specify root options

On 12/6/2001 9:01 AM Heinrich Rebehn rebehn@comm.uni-bremen.de wrote:

I am forwarding your request to the Etherboot-Users mailing list, where
you are more likely to get help.  Etherboot is now hosted at Sourceforge,
and has its own mailing lists for users and developers.  I'm CC'ing the
Netboot list in case anyone else didn't realize Etherboot-Users exists.

I'd recommend you join the Etherboot-Users list, or check the archives
for a reply to your question, since folks generally reply to the list.

I hope this helps you.

Marty

>I seem to be unable to specify root mount options with etherboot etherboot
>5.04
>and mknbi 1.2. I want the kernel to mount root fs with options
>	v3,rsize=16384,wsize=16384
>so i call mknbi-linux with
>mknbi-linux --rootdir=/tftpboot/%s,v3,rsize=16384,wsize=16384 \
>	--ip=dhcp bzImage > diskless.sys
>Looking into diskless.sys shows:
>..rw root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=/tftpboot/%s,v3,rsize=16384,wsize=16384 ip=dhcp..
>However, when i boot the client, its cmdline reads:
>rw root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=/tftpboot/%s,v3,rsize=16384,wsize=16384 ip=dhcp
>nfsroot=/tftpboot/%s,rsize=1024,wsize=1024
>Who appends the second nfsroot=... ? Is this done by etherboot? Can i
>disable this?
>It used to work w/ older etherboot/mknbi but my new Tyan Tiger board seems
>only
>to work with newer etherboot.
>Thanks in advance,
>Heinrich
>--
>
>Heinrich Rebehn
>                          "Have disk - will travel"
>University of Bremen
>Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
>- Department of Telecommunications -
>
>E-mail: mailto:rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de
>Phone : +49/421/218-4664
>Fax   :            -3341

>To get help about this list, send a mail with 'help' as the only string in
>it's body to majordomo@baghira.han.de. If you have problems with this list,
>send a mail to netboot-owner@baghira.han.de.

---
    Try: http://rom-o-matic.net/ to make Etherboot images instantly.

   Name: Marty Connor
US Mail: Entity Cyber, Inc.; P.O. Box 391827; Cambridge, MA 02139; USA
  Voice: (617) 491-6935, Fax: (617) 491-7046
  Email: mdc@thinguin.org
    Web: http://www.thinguin.org/