Re: ARP TFTP TIMEOUT

On 9/3/2001 11:34 AM Haack Mark Mark.Haack@ts.siemens.de wrote:
>I need help,
>I always get a arp tftp timeout failure with some special network-cards.
>(most of them work)
>I using rtl8029 ethernet-cards with the netboot-packet.
>I think it dependīs on the ethernet-hardware-address.
>The bootp-server with tftp run on linux suse 7.2
>If i check the arp-protocol via the arp-command then it looks right ?!
>So what the reason for that ? Please help

Are you running Netboot or Etherboot.  What version?  If Etherboot, check
the documentation at:

   http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/doc/html/userman.html#toc1

There is a section on debugging bootp/dhcp problems.

I hope this helps you.

Marty

---
    Try: http://rom-o-matic.net/ to make Etherboot images instantly.

   Name: Marty Connor
US Mail: Entity Cyber, Inc.; P.O. Box 391827; Cambridge, MA 02139; USA
  Voice: (617) 491-6935, Fax: (617) 491-7046
  Email: mdc@thinguin.org
    Web: http://www.thinguin.org/