Re: question !!

On 1/28/2001 12:02 AM Administrador Centro Operaciones
mrodrigu@ibague.cetcol.net.co wrote:
>hi,
>i need your help !!! i need implement a simple network used a linux's
>sever and diskless client that run around network some aplications over
>linux !!!!
>how configure etherboot in my server and how create disk for clients
>...thanks ...

http://ltsp.org/

Has tools and documentation on how to configure a server for
thin/diskless client workstations.

You can use Etherboot or Netboot for ROM code creation, or you can use
PXELinux, if you have cards or BIOSes that already support that.

It requires somewhat careful reading and work to get it right, but you
can do it.  Many people have, and there are many helpful people on this
list, the etherboot-users list, and the ltsp-discuss list.

Good luck.

Marty

---
    Try: http://rom-o-matic.net/ to make Etherboot images instantly.

   Name: Martin D. Connor
US Mail: Entity Cyber, Inc.; P.O. Box 391827; Cambridge, MA 02139; USA
  Voice: (617) 491-6935, Fax: (617) 491-7046
  Email: mdc@thinguin.org
    Web: http://www.thinguin.org/