finding modules dependencies

Ken Yap wrote:

> >The thing is that the client go for /boot/kernel-2.2.12smp (which is the
> >server one!) during the boot process. It also find the modules in the
> >wrong directory. However, I'm sure that I compiled the kernel in the
> >right directory (/usr/src/linux-2.2.14).
>
> Which logfile are you looking at? The server's is at /var/log/messages,
> the client's is at /tftpboot/xxxxxx/var/log/messages.

Ok, the kernel version problem seems solved. But the client is still
returning "OUT OF MEMORY" while finding modules dependencies. The
message return is not always the same:

->> out of memory                                              [FAILED]
->> modprobe: Out of memory                                    [FAILED]
->> modprobe: error reading ELF header: Cannot allocate memory
    modprobe:                                                  [FAILED]

or it simply get stuck (frozen). If I try to reboot the client a second
time, it get frozen again. I have to reboot the server to get the client
booting... only one time...

During the boot, I get some other errors:

crond: execvp : no such file or directory
gpm: execvp : no such file or directory
xfs: execvp : no such file or directory

The /usr/home and /opt are not mounted during boot. However, I put these
in fstab!

What is the problem? There should be a solution.

thank you.