Re: packet driver

Rudhuwan Abu Bakar wrote:

> Hi
>
> Sorry if I got into a wrong mailing list. I need some inputs on my
> problems.
>
> I got this new NIC using rtl8139c chipset. Since etherboot, does not
> support it, it tried to use netboot.

WHAT?  Etherboot supports all versions of the RTL8139 chip (at least it
should - if not, send me a bug report).

> Does this mean netboot does not support a packet driver bigger that 64K?

Yes.  Getting beyond that limit is very hard.  Etherboot even limits the
size of the ROM image to 32K, but has less trouble with it, because its drivers
are generally smaller than packet drivers.  Anyway, try to use less features,
especially the ANSI display driver chews up a lot of space (at least in
Etherboot).

Hope that helps.

Klaus