Re: Please do not reply to SPAM (was: Re: REMOVE)

> Please stop this now!
> DO ***NOT*** REPLY TO netboot@baghira.han.de!
> We did not send the SPAM.

As a general rule, don't ever respond to spam (other than contacting
their upstream ISP). If you respond this, only confirms that your
e-mail address is working. It automatically becomes more valuable,
and spammers can resell your address at a higher price. The best
thing you can do is install some local spam filter, and/or subscribe
to one of the well-known DNS based spam filtering services (although
there are caveats, that these filters might be overly aggressive).

> Time to re-enable subscriber-only mode...?

I am somewhat on the fence on this. On the one hand, I don't like
spam at all, and spam that arrives via mailing lists is inherently
more difficult to filter. On the other hand, we already lost
Ken Yap as a contributor to the netboot list, because he cannot
make it past the filters. If even Ken has problems, then there are
probably tons of less experienced people out there, who could never
figure out why their e-mail bounces.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                                Resonate, Inc.
3637 Fillmore Street #106                      385 Moffett Park Drive