Re: Dlink 530TX and bootrom

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 02:55:24PM +0200, Sebastian Boehm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to bootroms so I need a little help.
> I got some Dlink 530TX and want to from them.
> So what I need to know is :
> What type of rom should I use ?
> 2716 (350ns), 27C64 (150ns) or 28C16 (250ns)
> How to programm them ? I looked at a programmer inside the netboot 0.9
> package. Is it what I need ?
> Can I "flash" a rom inside the NIC ?
> I do it with 3c905ctxm. Can I do it with 530TX and special Flash-ROM ?
  Hmm, good question on the speed. I think somewhere between 100-150 is what
current network cards like.
  Is that a 530TX or 530TX+?
  Either way, I don't think there is a utility to flash a flash chip on
board. I don't think either are really capable.  You'll probably want a
normal eeprom, and a friend with an eeprom writer.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
   ,reply of the Pennsylvania Assembly to the governor, November 11, 1755