Re: Sun xterm revisited.

--- Brian Schramm <bschramm@schramms.yi.org> wrote:
> Here is the error messages on the console of the
> bootp computer:
>
> fh_verify: dev/tty2 permission failure, acc=8,
> error=30
> fh_verify: dev/console permission failure, acc=8,
> error=30
> fh_verify: dev/tty0 permission failure, acc=8,
> error=30
>
> Here is the error messages on the Xterm boot screen:
>
> pexextensioninit: couldn't open default pex font
> file roman_mcouldn't load
> xkb keymap, falling back to pre-xkb keymap
> xdmcp fatal error: manager unwilling host unwilling
>

> I hope this helps.
>
> Thanks for any help you can be.
>

> Brian Schramm
> brian@schramms.yi.org
> www.linuxexpert.org

Hi Brian,

Working with a Linux RH6.0 client I had those kind of
messages in two cases:

1) There were no lines about each-other hosts - boot
server and diskless client - in the /etc/hosts files.
this generated - if I remember well - a kernel panic
when it was to mount the root filesystem.

2) In the /etc/exports of the server, the line which
shared the root filesystem was:
/tftpboot/<diskless_host_name>
<diskless_host_name>.<domain_name>(rw)

when it should have been:

/tftpboot/<diskless_host_name>
<diskless_host_name>.<domain_name>(rw,no_root_squash)

The first form grants the access to the sever as
"nobody", while in the second case the access is
granted as "root" -- I belive that this is your case.

Hope it helps,

=====
Ioan (John) NIKY Pricop
Bucharest - ROMANIA