TFTP for big RAMdisk netboot - reiteration

--- ken@nlc.net.au wrote:
> I don't know if the netboot mailer rejected my
> posting, I'm getting tired of
> it, it doesn't seem to know good hosts from bad
> anymore. Perhaps you should
> also subscribe to etherboot-users.
>
> There is a 64k block limit on TFTP transfers due to
> the 16 bit block count.
> This means about 32MB limit if you are using
> standard 512 byte blocks and
> 90MB if you are using 1500 byte block extension.
> Etherboot is said to handle
> the wraparound properly but the server might not.
> Also some servers hit the
> bug at 32k blocks due to using signed short for the
> field.
>
> For very large images you might want to try NFS
> mounting, just NFS loading. It's supported as
> another boot method by Etherboot.

Folks,

I tried to boot a small RAMdisk, prepare the bigger
one with /linuxrc* and let initrd to switch to it. But
- surprise - initrd can switch to anything BUT
ramdisk. If the kernel has RAM as root device, linuxrc
is not run, but it searches for normal initialization
(init with inittab, rc files, etc) without any switch.
So, I have to load the big filesystem into RAM from
start. This made me turn to the older tips from the
above. Excuse my ignoration, but:
   - how can I increase block-size up to 1536 bytes?
(I looked to all config options for etherboot but I
can't find anything...)
   - where can I find "tftpd" or "tftp" code to
correct the signed field error? (need more than 48 MB
- activated kb count and it stalls at the 32766-th
one; BTW: what "-DSIZEINDICATOR" counts? Kbytes or
blocks?)

Thanks for all!

=====
Ioan (John) NIKY Pricop