Problem with upgrade and xterm

Brian Schramm writes:

 > OK, I had a working Debian slink system that allowed 2 Sun Xterminals to
 > work off of it.  I had a problem with my hd so I rebuilt the system from
 > scratch not knowing what has been damaged (yes I am running with no
 > backups).  Since the Potato reliese is close to done, I desided to take
 > this time and upgrade too.
 >
 > I have configured everything with the same paramiters (I think) and am
 > using the same slxt package for the xterm system.  For some reason it is
 > not working.  I get the normal boot messages on the xterm but it never
 > loads the kdm login manager.  Here is what is displayed on the main
 > computer monitor at that time:
 >
 > fh_verify: dev/tty2 permission failure, acc=8, error=30
 > fh_verify: dev/console permission failure, acc=8, error=30
 > fh_verify: dev/tty0 permission failure, acc=8, error=30
 >
 > I am at a loss.  Can anyone help?

The problem is somewhere else - I get the messages and I have working
sparc Xterminals (SS1+, IPCs and SS2 ). I have submitted an upgrade to
a 2.2 kernel to Gajin (is that on the site now ? ).

In the :
/tftpboot/SLXT_root/sbin

Have a look in the init file (where everything is started ) and
uncommment appropriately to test out....
Chances are the problem is in your xdm setup...

#
# Now start up the X-server.
#
echo "Starting X server process...";
${XSRVCMD} >/dev/console 2>&1;

#
# For debugging purposes (Yes Virginia, you can have a shell, but only if
# youve been paying attention and have read this far...). "cat /proc/meminfo"
# and "ps -alwx" are interesting to look at as the X-server process gradually
# increases in size).
#
/bin/sh >/dev/console 2>&1 </dev/console
#