Not enough memory

HI !

 I'm new to this game, so appologize if this is a trivial error on my side...

 I'm using a 3c905C-TX-M with the MBA set to TCP/IP and BOOTP

 BOOTP contacting goes ok
 TFTP download of the kernle aswell

 then I end at

 node: 0001020B0139
 BOOTP.
 TFTP.............
 nux Nenough memory

 Which is I assume actually

 "Linux Not enough memory"

 but it gets screwed up somehow...

 thats it, no more messages

 just to see if the BOOTP/TFTP is the problem I copied a functioning kernel
 to the TFTP_DIR and ran imggen -a vmlinuz on it , then rebooted the diskless
 client , and end up with a booting kernel and a panic that it can mount root
 which is ok. But where does this "not enough memory" come from , the box has
 128MB RAM in it and booting it from a HD (RH6.2) there is no problem at all.
 The kernel used is the vmlinuz.3c905c from the ltsp.org site. All I did to
 it is run imggen against it so that MBA likes it.

any pointers/hints apreciated

thx !
hofrat