Fwd: [Etherboot-users] epic100 problem

From: Zanikolas Serafim <serzan@it.teithe.gr>
Subject: [Etherboot-users] epic100 problem

Hello there!

I'm very new to etherboot and it seems that I've got a problem.

There's an SMC Etherpower II network card which works fine with the
epic100 module on a system running kernel 2.2.14-15

I've compiled the 32 bit version of the epic driver with the
-DNO_DHCP_SUPPORT, which comes with the etherboot package (v4.6)
and then followed the procedure for testing it with a floppy:

	cat floppyload.bin.pre epic100.lzrom >/dev/fd0

Booting with that floppy got the following messages:

	ROM segment 0x8000 length 0x4000 reloc 0x9800
	Boot from (N)etwork or from (L)ocal
(we choose N)
	Etherboot/32 version 4.6.4 (GPL) for [EPIC100]
	Found SMC EtherPpowerII at 0xF800, ROM addres 0x000000000
	Probing....[EPIC100] I/O F800 00:E0:29:1D:3D:97
	Searching for server (BOOTP)...
(all fine 'till now)
	OOPS, Something wrong with transmitter. status=2003

I've tried this in two seperate PCs with the same hardware characteristics
(including the same network card). On the second one it gave an address of
FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF in the ``Probing...'' line and a status=8000 in the last
line

Is there any hardware problem, an incompatibility, am I doing something
wrong?

Well, sorry for the lengthy mail, and thanks for your patience and time.

Finally, I'd like to express my thanks to the people worked on the
etherboot project

yours,
serafim