RE: tftp for DOS LanManager?

>Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:18:47 +0100 (BST)
>From: Phil Davey <pd213@mole.bio.cam.ac.uk>
>I realise this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know of a DOS tftp
>program which will work with LanManager?

First of all, I do not know what the LanManager is - if you use
it, you know it better. Probably it uses some driver, and some
higher level software, and these drivers provide some interface.

Check what the interface is, and if the LanManager itself uses
IP packets, or some different kind of packets. Then:
- if the driver is NDIS one (quite possible - if it is, you need
  load "driver" protman.dos from config.sys for it to work), use
  DISPKT9.DOS which provides packet driver interface
- if the driver is ODI one, use ODIPKT for packet interface
- and if it is packet driver: if the LanManager uses IP packets,
  you may be out of luck, otherwise you can just use it
- otherwise try reconfigure LanManager to use NDIS driver

Then look for any program, which has packet driver interface,
and provides TFTP. I know about two such a programs:
- TFTP.EXE from PCIP package (needs a file or special device
  which holds configuration, you need use program to store it)
- KA9Q's program and its variations (configuration in text file,
  besides TFTP it provides a lot of other Internet protocols);
and both are available with source. KA9Q's is free for Amateurs
and educational institutions, PCIP is free for anyone.

I have a copy of PCIP package on:
ftp://zfja-gate.fuw.edu.pl/mail-ftp/zfja-ftp/pcip/