Re: YATC(Yet Another Tulip Clone)

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 03:01:09AM -0700, Nicolas Lopez wrote:
>   Well, I set out tonight to start an etherboot driver for the Davicom 9102
> ethernet chip, and I have.  After a while into it I noticed I wasn't
> changing operational part of the tulip driver I used as my base.  Turns out
> the Davicom is YATC.  So, I've patched tulip.c to handle it, it just wanted
> a little special initialization.

That's good. I had started to port the existing Linux Davicom driver (dmfe.c)
but was not having much success and ran out of time.

> [...] Now, just need to figure
> out how to replace the lame RPL boot rom it's got right now...

Is this part of an AMI bios? If so I would be very interested if you
succeed. Davicom have got both an RPL rom and a PXE rom on their website
for download. I have no idea why people would choose to ship the RPL
one nowdays.

--
Phil Davis.