Re: Translation of bootp vendor entries to dhcpd?

> > > This is not a string! It's a 6 byte magic value.
> > Hm, couldn't I translate it to a string?
>
> You don't need to. You can specify a series of bytes in
> dhcpd.conf. I don't have the docs here, but hopefully you do.

Hm, in dhcp-options following data types reported:

boolean, integer, ip-address, text, string

I thougt string should do it !?

> > Isn't there a similar solution to bootp extensions file? Or could I use
> > the bootef created file some way?
>
> Yes, in theory you can load the extension file created from the
> bootptab by bootpef. Kind of messy to keep two configuration files
> around, though.

I tried but it didn't work. May be the magic number in option field 128
isn't interpreted correctly. Then the problem above should be solved first
:-)

Ciao,
	Dirk