Re: Etherboot 4.5.5 released [Feature request]

Ken Yap wrote:

> I have released Etherboot 4.5.5 at http://www.slug.org.au/etherboot/
>
> No, that is not a typo, this is a 4.5 release. The reason is Klaus
> Espenlaub just did a fantastic job of reorganisation, rewriting, bug
> fixing, and adding new features to Etherboot that I feel justified
> in starting a new series. 4.5 will be a development series leading to
> 4.6. The 4.4 series will not be updated anymore except to backport any
> critical bug fixes to 4.4. Hopefully within an iteration or two we can
> get all the major glitches out and go to 4.6. So if you have a stake in
> using Etherboot, please test this.
>
> I attach his extensive notes at the bottom, but I want to mention the
> major features:
>
> + Booting via NFS in addition to TFTP
>
> + Lance driver works for PCI Lance under VMware (could users with real
> PCI Lance NICs please test?)
>
> + Rewrite of Makefiles, no more src-32 and src-16.
>
> + Rewrite of ELF and a.out loading
>
> + Comload fixed.
>
> MD5sums:
>
> 47a12fa5d9af686d1d079186c4f41bfe  etherboot-4.5.5.tar.bz2
> 0c790b9158d33f03aceb299369bd046e  etherboot-4.5.5.tar.gz

[Klaus notable Notes deleted to suppress bandwidth jabber]

Feature request:

I think it would be useful to add an reset option in case of
netboot failure (even if local option is enabled).
It makes sense in case of power supply failure, as the server
will take some more time to come back to life again (even
an ups avoided the fscks).