Re: FreeBSD build

Robert Williams wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Is it possible to make the rom images on a FreeBSD platform ?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> CPU = P100
> RAM = 128Meg
> OS = FreeBSD 3.3
> Package = Etherboot-4.4.4
>
> I have installed Linux compatability and all packages recommended :-
> gcc-2.7.2.3
> binutils-2.9 (for gas and objcopy)
> make-3.78.1
>
> from src-32 I run make an get this --
>
> "Makefile", line 158: Missing dependency operator
> "Makefile", line 160: Need an operator
> "Makefile", line 163: Need an operator
[...]

Are you really using the right make?  I heard that there were at least some
BSD flavors out there that had the BSD make as 'make' and called GNU make
gmake or something like that.

If you're really using the right make, then someone changed the conditional
support.  The docs haven't been updated in the release 3.78.1.

Klaus