Re: Problems with DEC Etherworks 3

Ken Yap wrote:

> >I have run it under Windows succesfully (The card itself seems to be
> >Ok).
> >Do you have a pointer to some doco on testing it in the mode you are
> >suggesting? I assume you are trying to prove the packet driver code
> >supplied by DEC.
>
> Under DOS run by hand
>
> decpa 0x60 5 0x300              # or whatever the syntax is
> kermit
> kermit>telnet 192.168.0.1       # or wherever your server is
>
> Is this the Crynwr packet driver? I didn't know DEC supplied one.
The packet drivers are part of the install software for DOS/Windows
(http://www.networks.digital.com/dr/nics/drivers/e3kit250.zip).

Is there any likelyhood of etherboot supporting this card. It seems to
work better than netboot for me. (It supports DHCP and the name
nominated in the bootptab, netboot ends up with the IP address as the
name).
I have about 100 old DEC LPV's with these cards which I would like to
use as LTSP clients.
--
Darryl Bond