Re: eepro100 vs. ntulip speed

Bernd Stahlbock wrote:

> Bob Edwards wrote:
>
> > I have a lab of machines with Intel eepro 100+ adaptors all running
> > etherboot/netboot and a beowulf with Intel/DEC 21143-based adaptors
> > also running etherboot/netboot. In both cases the machines are loading
> > a 5.4MB boot image (compressed kernel + compressed initial RAM disk).
> >

> Hi Bob,
>
> I'm trying just the same, booting linux with eepro, but gets always a tftp
> error "too many packages".  How do you proceed with the files? I have a
> initrd-image, which runs well when it's on a flashdisk. I also have a kernel
> which runs well from the flashdisk. Now I mknbi-ed this 2 files and get one
> bootimage of about 3.7 Mb size. Is all this correct, or do I have forgotten
> something?
>
> Best regards
> Bernd Stahlbock

Hi Bernd,

Are you using eepro, or eepro100+? Is the TFTP error reported by the target
machine or by the TFTP server? My mknbi-linux line is:

mknbi-linux -d ram -i rom -a "ramdisk_size=16384" -k ${KERNEL} \
	-r rootfs.gz -o /tftpboot/image

You would need to change your "ramdisk_size" to suit etc. It all just works
fine for me.

Good luck,

Bob Edwards.