Re: Can 3c905b use EPROM ???

tbsky_lee@unicap.com.tw wrote:

> i use etherboot for 3c905b.
>   when use floppy, it's ok.
>   but when i try to burn it in a 27C512 EPROM.
>   it just boot from local.
>   can 3c905b use 27C512 ?
>   i try a 3c905-tx and it's ok.
>   but i can't get it work with 3c905b.
>   or it can only use 29xxx EEPROMS ?
>   thanks for help !!!

I'm not sure if the 27cxxx chips are compatible (Steve?), as the 3c905b
specs don't say anything about EPROMs, just flash ROMs.  But, be sure
that the device ID's on the ROMs match the boards, since the 3c905 and
3c905b have different device ID's.  If the board's id doesn't match the
id in the ROM, then the BIOS will ignore the ROM completely.

Greg.