Sort of offtopic question about 3c905c and windows.

I just installed a bunch of 905C netcards in a lab. They work beautifully
under linux and etherboot-floppy.  I thought happy thoughts and updated
all the machines. Of course, disaster then struck.

Problem 1: I discovered that I can't boot through the bootprom. Neither
3com's default prom, nor an etherboot-image I cromutil-wrote* to the card
works. I had already discovered what BIOS options were needed when I was
using my lone 3c905B-TXM: I've set the motherboard to boot to the network
device first, and turned off PnP.

Problem 2: I downloaded the simple driver from 3com, and installed it
under Windows 95B. The machine finds the card, installs the driver, etc,
all normally. It makes you reboot, of course. After reboot, the network
should work. It doesn't. Windows thinks everything's working, you can
attempt to ping, and it thinks it's sending pings. A tcpdump shows _NO_
traffic from this machine. NOTE: This machine can network _fine_ under
etherboot and linux-2.2.14  ...

I was hoping someone would recognise this problem, and give me hints for
correcting things. I'd be quite happy indeed to discover it's just some
stupidity on my part...

Anyway, sorry for the offtopic post.

*I updated this utility to allow me to verify checksums.