Re: RTL-Poll Error and <sleep> for ever

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Ken Yap wrote:

> >The last problem you described could have something to do with your
> >tftpd. Are you running a standalone tftpd or under inetd?  I have heard
> >that it is possible to confuse inetd into believing that you are
> >attempting a denial of service attack by starting too many tftps at once.
> >
> ># in /etc/inetd.conf
> >tftp    dgram   udp     wait.1024  root  /usr/sbin/tcpd in.tftpd
> >/tftpboot
> >
> >the ".1024" specifies the max number of instances of the tftp daemon that
> >may be spawned in a 60 second period.  You may need to increase your
> >number. The default is 40, I believe.
>
> Indeed. Could list members who have tried alternative inetds, e.g. xinetd,
> please comment if those are any better?

Hi,
	I use an old intel tftp. The tftpd's provided with standard linux
and started via (x)inetd, did not work well (either the number of them is
increasing to infinity, or the deny service after a while) ... I tried at
least three different implementations, but only the standalone works ...
(ftp://ftp.yggdrasil.com/mirrors/site/nilo.on.openprojects.net/nilo/snapshots)

So long,
	    Dirk