Re: via-rhine driver available

mdc@thinguin.org (Marty Connor) writes:
> I got around to running the DIAG.EXE program for the D-Link DFE530TX
> (via-rhine chipset) and discovered that there is no option to
> enable/disable the EPROM for this board. This seems to be common with
> inexpensive PCI 10/100 cards.  I haven't have to enable the EPROM on any
> of the PCI tulip clones I tested.  Older ISA cards do seem to often
> require explicit enabling of the EPROM.  Point of information.

Ähh... I wanted to say, somebody else allreay told me the possible
solution and now I see, it was you who told me. I have created a
bootdisk, wich works, but have not had the time to burn it into an
EPROM (since I don't have a burner (yet) I've to go to my lokal
elektronics store ...)

I hope your suggestion concerning the vendor-ID will be successfull.

Thanks for your help,

Stefan.