loadable module support for Etherboot?

Someone asked if it was possible to use a kernel with "loadable module
support" turned on with Etherboot.  I told them that I had never built
one that way, but then I got to wondering. It seems like it might work.

If I compiled in all the necessary modules required for the booting
process, and provided a /lib/modules directory for later dynamic loading
of modules, would this work?  I can perform the experiment, but I am
wondering if there is some deeper technical reason, like mknbi-linux
can't deal with it, or root-over-nfs is incompatible with loadable module
support, or something like that.

Can anyone provide some illumination?

Thanks,

Marty

---
   Name: Martin D. Connor
US Mail: Entity Cyber, Inc.; P.O. Box 391827; Cambridge, MA 02139; USA
  Voice: (617) 491-6935, Fax: (617) 491-7046
  Email: mdc@thinguin.org
    Web: http://www.thinguin.org/