Re: Making a floppy fails?

>> The makefile seems to imply that 'cat floppyboot.bin eepro.rom
>> >fd0' is the recipe to create a boot floppy with my desired boot.
>> I realize that the eepro's that I have are capable of booting, but
>> I've given up on that for the momment --- things that appear to
>> support this don't support a FreeBSD kernel.

Ken> Sorry, I have only a Linux environment. You could send me the
Ken> appropriate command for FreeBSD and I will include it in the next
Ken> release..

>> Anyways... I have catted together floppyboot.bin and eepro.rom into
>> a single image.  I have then tried both cat and dd to put them on a
>> floppy.  When this floppy is booted, it continuously cycles some
>> hex (looks like address) data.
>>
>> Any clues on offer?

Ken> Bad floppy?

Don't think so... I have used this particular floppy to boot several
other things (much larger images, actually).  The FreeBSD bootloader
is fairly explicit about media errors when it encounters them.  I have
also tried two different floppies already.

This is (roughly) what I'm getting (cut 'n paste from my serial
console card):

AX:0211
BX:0000
CX:0002