Unable to boot with eprom

I am using Dlink NIC 538TX using rtl8139. Using etherboot-4.2, I got to
boot my client using a floppy.Then I programmed 27c512 with the boot
image.I got DISK BOOT FAILURE.

Using advice from Ken and others, I run lspci:
I got this:

class 0200:10ec:8139
which I figure is the VENDOR ID and DEVICE ID.
Checking Makefile, I saw it is already specified in there.

The question is why the eprom is still undetected.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rudhuwan Abu Bakar
Computing Lab