placing boot code in award bios

Moin,
	I was successful placing the boot code (etherboot code for rtl8139
network adaptors) in the flashrom of award bios.

This way its possible (if enough space in rom, newer boards have 2Mbit
flashs or sometime you can remove the (rediculous) virus protection code)
to aviod burning seperate boot roms. Thats way its possible too using
network adaptors without boot prom sockets.

It worked with award bios and the award bios combination utility
"cbrom.exe". With this utility I was able to add my boot code with the isa
oem rom option of the named utility (cbrom bios.bin /isa rtl8139.rom
D000:0). The last value in the example is the ram address where the code
should be copied (by the bios) to. The code which is added should contain
the question for local booting, because the bios jumps immediately into
and after that its impossible to boot floppy etc.

I wasn't successful with the pci option of the cbrom tool nor in replacing
the novell boot code with mine (error by cbrom: Bad Table).

The remaining problem is: The netboot code doesn't work with the onboard
davicom network adaptor (data error in early stage).

So long,
	  Dirk