Re: Diskless box & PXE

I used rh5.2 dhcp with bpBatch and was able to get it to work.
Please get intel pxe linux doc.  I did not used a dhcp proxy nor did I
compile the special pxe.o file.
The dot.o file is pxe's bpBatch.
I just heard that RH6.1 coming out this week or next is shipping with an
Intel PXE something.

Here was my flow
DHCP had some pxe_client info added as option lines.
bpBatch slow style (noextension) was loaded as the boot file.  The net card
and   NFS root are in the boot image and then rdev'd.  The root was a large
selective copy of the original machine under tftpboot with fstab and some
other files linked in or modified for each client.  Each client got his own
copy.  This worked with pre 1.0 or 2.0 pxe.  Which is now on cards.  The
newer pxe needed different dhcp option lines.
I wanted to use bpBatch because of the pxe-proxy qestions and the fact that
Intel code was for 5.2.
bpBatch is ok for testing but commercial use is licenced I think.
If you want to pursue this I can track down doc and my files.
Peter
At 04:16 PM 10/28/1999 +0300, you wrote:

>	Hello,
>
> I don't know if you'll find my problem trivial, but here it is: I'm
>trying to netboot a machine with an Intel EtherExpress adapter which knows
>as boot protocols RLP and PXE. I haven't been able to find any coherent
>documentation on this PXE, and etherboot doesn't work with it.
> I would very much appreciate any info and/or suggestions.
>	Thank you

>To get help about this list, send a mail with 'help' as the only string in
>it's body to majordomo@baghira.han.de. If you have problems with this list,
>send a mail to netboot-owner@baghira.han.de.

System Administrator
Spectrum Telecorp, Inc.