Re: Menu & RTL8139a

Andrew Nutma wrote:

> I have a compressed rtl8139 packet driver on a 32k eprom, which works great
> when I specify a file. but when I use a mgl menu it hangs on the tftp, with
> the error
>
> Block 1 Image 0: Start=93200, End=93400
> TFTP: Block 1 != 2
>
> This same menu works fine using a ne2000 card with eprom.
>
> Thanks Andrew

> I (Andrew) found the problem(s) I have two different subnets, the realtek
> was on one subnet while the ne2000 was on the other. The problem was I
> specified the server address in the menu.mgl. So only the card on that
> subnet could find the server.

Another thing I found was that I could not use file names that started with h
ie hdd, but it will work with the name Xhdd.
Just to let you know, we at school district 82 are very thankful for all the
hard work you have put into this project. We are now implementing it in our
schools, and have just completed our first lab.
Andrew