Problems running kernel

Hi,

I am having a a problem with remote booting a computer over a LAN
using the netboot package.  I am not sure whether the problem is
with me, the network or something else but I hope that you could
help me.

I have v0.8.1 of net boot installed on my master linux machine which
runs bootpd and tftpd (latest versions), the kernel I have tried is
v2.2.5 and v2.2.12 which has been made netbootable using the
mknbi-linux utility.
When I try to remote boot my slave computer from a floppy created
using 'make bootrom', the bootp request is serviced sucessfully and
the net bootable kernel downloaded using tftp.  When the attempt to
start the kernel is made it either reboots the machine, shows an
error about premature end of file or another errors such as 'bad
gzip magic number'.  Generally it's not consistent.

If anyone has had this or a similar problem, I would be most grateful
if you could help me solve it.

Thanks
Mark Broadbent

--