Re[2]: netboot and WinNT

Monday, August 09, 1999, 10:39:31 AM, Crispin wrote:

CM> DHCP is a superset of BOOTP - but how to add the required parameters to NT's
CM> DHCP server is up to you.  Note that you still have the need for an NFS server,
CM> so I really don't know what you would be gaining by DHCPing from an NT server.

If all you have is NT Workstation you will need 3rd party bootp or
dhcp servers:
- www.walusoft.co.uk (Walusoft's tftp);
- ftp.coast.net/simtel/nt/internet/tftpds12.zip (Millwood AB's tftp);
- ftp.cabletron.com/pub/snmp/bootftp/boottft2.zip (Cabletron's bootp/tftp combo);
- www.tellurian.au.com (Tellurian's bootp, tftp, dhcp servers).

My choice was Tellurian's products - very reliable, simple to install, attractively
priced (fully capable evaluation versions are available).

If you have NT Server, than you don't need anything - NT's dhcp
server works just fine with Ken's Etherboot.

Best regards,
 Pavel                            mailto:ptkatcho@portal.ca