X11 on diskless WS with shared /usr does not start

Hello,

after several days of work finally I have my Sparc Classic X running with
Redhat Linux 6.0 but there are still problems left.

I want to mount the /usr directory as a shared directory for several other
systems on clients with identical hardware. /usr is mounted ro from the NFS
server on the diskless Classic X client.

When attempting to start X11 with the command startx the screen is becoming
white (first in text mode it is black) and then nothing happens. The X
server can not be killed with Ctrl-Bsp-Del. On the text console appear the
following error messages:

_X11TransSocketUnixconnect: Can't connect: error = 61

waiting for X server to begin accepting connections.
_X11TransSocketUnixconnect: Can't connect: error = 61

_X11TransSocketUnixconnect: Can't connect: error = 61

.(Using VT number 7)

_X11TransSocketUnixconnect: Can't connect: error = 61

_X11TransSocketUnixconnect: Can't connect: error = 61

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler reports:

Error: Can not open "/var/tmp/server-0.xkm" to write keyboard description

Could load xkb keymap

and so on.

What is the reason for this misbehaviour? I made a link for
/usr/X11R6/lib/xkb/compiled to /var/tmp/xkb. To make a link was suggested
in Diskless HOW-TO

Any suggestions?

Thank You in advance!!

Wolfgang