RE: LinkSys LNE100TX Card and EPROM Burner

As I recall

PLCC stands for:  Plastic Leadless (Leaded?) Chip Carrier

It is a Surface mount technology that also lends itself to
socketed applications.  Basically the chip is in a small
square form factor, and the leads exit the IC from all four
sides, but are bent down around the bottom edge of the IC
and are bent up under the bottom of the chip.

This is the SMALL form factor for an EPROM, and is used much
less frequently than the DIP arrangement most folks use for
customer added ROMs. (Like those on a Ethernet Card)

Geoffrey A. Lohff - N0BBM
mailto:geoff.lohff@csipros.com
http://www.csipros.com