Re: MENU and MGL

I have tried to get MGL to work with both etherboot and netboot and I
couldn't. Whether this was my incompetence or not I don't know but
I asked, on this list, if anyone else had a problem and no-one answered.

In the end I used the built in menu system controlled by BootP/DHCP
options and that works fine for me. The problem with this is that it adds
extra code to the bootprom which should be made unnecessary by MGL.
Because I boot from a floppy this is not a problem, but if I had to boot
directly from the prom perhaps the image would be too big. MGL seems
a better solution but if it doesn't work then it's no solution at all.

Perhaps because of this problem it has been removed from the distribution.
There has never been very much documentation with the system.

If you can get it to work I would be interested to find out how.

Brian Murphy