Re: Hardware Database?

I am planning to do this. I have a server allocated, and am attempting as
per a suggestion from Ken Yap to have it linked to a database engine such
that it can be modified over the web.

If anyone has source material for the database I'd be grateful. The whole
thing will be open source, of course. My initial idea is to have a a page
for each card, with a picture of the card, if possible, specs, driver
notes, urls for setup info, etc. Any and all suggestions welcome. I hope
to have something up by Halloween.

Marty

On 9/2/1999 3:03 AM muth@hagos.de Klaus Muth wrote:

>Hi
>I would suggest to set up a "hardware database" for etherboot/netboot.
>I had lots of problems to find the right EPROM for my card and to get
>etherboot to run on it in the first place. So I think a database with
>1. Card
>2. Chip on Card
>3. EPROM Type (if any)
>4. Etherboot or Netboot Version
>5. Who got it to work and
>6. How
>would be extreme nice. Could anybody @ SLUG do that? (I have no Server
>to do it myself)
>
>klaus
>--
>mit freundlichen Gruessen,
>Klaus Muth
>
>HAGOS eG                 Industriestr. 62       fon: (+49) 711 78805-86
>EDV-Programmierung       D-70565 Stuttgart      fax: (+49) 711 78805-99
>http://www.hagos.de      Germany                mailto:muth@hagos.de
>To get help about this list, send a mail with 'help' as the only string in
>it's body to majordomo@baghira.han.de. If you have problems with this list,
>send a mail to netboot-owner@baghira.han.de.

---
        Martin D. Connor, CEO & President, Entity Cyber, Inc.
       US Mail: P.O. Box 391827, Cambridge, MA 02139-0018  USA
   Voice: (617) 491-6935, Fax: (617) 491-7046, Net: mdc@entity.com
                     Web: http://www.entity.com/