Kernel command line parameters from DHCP

My clients boot a 2.2.10 linux kernel with an initrd of a size of 16M
using etherboot 4.2.1 for an Intel EtherExpress Pro 100 Chip. So I put
"-a ramdisk_size=16384" in the command-line of mknbi-linux

Now I'm trying to give this parameter at run-time as described in the
manpage of mknbi-linux. Just put a vendor specific tag
T129="ramdisk_size=16384" in bootptab.

But: I'm using a dhcp server and I couldn't find anything in the
manpages or somwhere else how to supply this tag in dhcpd.conf. One
thing I tried was putting a section like this in dhcp.conf:

    host cienthost {
         hardware ethernet       XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;
         filename                "/bootfile";
         option  option-129      "ramdisk_size=8912";
    }

but this doesn't work, the parameter didn't show up in
the output of 'cat /proc/cmdline'.

Does anybody know, how to do this?
This would be useful too for the vga mode to initialize the framebuffer
driver on a per host basis.

Cheers, Chris

--

systron Unternehmensberatung GmbH